Monday, April 20, 2009

Comfort Food in Uncertain Times

"...that pot pie was so good that it made me forget that the guy I was dating wants to sleep with men, and not me..."

Well, if that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is!

It's true, the chicken pot pie we have on the menu is creamy hearty goodness. The Veggie Shepherd's Pie is also outstanding; the tofu in there packs extra oomph. Really, I don't know how, but our menu has evolved into a lovingly appointed list of the greatest comfort foods I would want to eat if I were ever to have the time to go out again. It is truly delightful to serve food that makes people so satisfied, especially when they give me comments like the above: that woman, who shall remain anonymous, even said that I could quote her on that. (Her companion said she wouldn't be suprised to see the quote in one of our Mercury ads).

No comments: